Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 9: Depart to the Philippines


Well it’s D-DAY!!!

I'm basically all packed, just finishing up some laundry and I am all packed. My suitcases are packed about 48 pounds each so I really don’t need anything and can’t really take anything anyways.... Super stoked.

I couldn’t fall asleep forever last night...

Oh and yesterday I gave the Sacrament prayers in Tagalog! Crazy.

So last week I was checking out the tape recorder (sorry I haven’t talked very much in it, I’ll try to be better in the Philippines) and I flipped over the side and I found a game dad was calling on it and I was like sweet! Well I didn’t take long for me to figure out it was the PV-Logan State championship... It was kind of depressing. The part I listened to they were already down 20...

Well this week once again flew by! It was sad to say goodbye to our teachers. They are awesome and I will miss them. Christmas was good but my butt hurts. We were in meetings for a total of 7 1/2 hours, plus 2 1/2 on Christmas Eve. About a third of it though, Russell M. Nelson spoke to us. He was really good and then he stayed and gave the priesthood lesson to all the elders on Sunday!

Today I am sending a box home full of all the letters I got since being here (mom should have fun reading them all) and the sweaters and a few extra stuff and some pictures I got made for you all! By the time it gets there I should be 6000 miles away.

 I love you so much, thanks for all you do and your prayers and example!

Love, Elder AJ Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment