Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 8: MTC -- final week!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!


Kamusta!!!
Flight Plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m leaving Monday the 27th at 1130 a.m. and my flight leaves SLC at 3:06 p.m. and I get to LA at 4:01 then we have a 6 hour layover :( but that is when I’ll be calling you for sure... Then we have about a 16 hour flight to.....HONG KONG!!! Then a 2 hour flight  to Manila... and somewhere around a ten hour bus ride to Cauayan( with the mission president though)

Me and my comp and the sisters in our district plus some other people in the other zone are flying with us too.. Then the entire rest of the zone we will meet back up in Hong Kong and get on the same flight to Manila... (about 50 missionaries!!!) It’s gonna be crazy but awesome .

 I'm glad to here and that you are all doing good!

This week was pretty crazy we taught about 20 lessons in tagalong throughout the week and it is coming along. I don’t know how well I know tagalong but I feel like I could at least contribute to a lesson at this point. Also pretty crazy this week we had TRC teaching on Thursday (basically the test of the week sort of) and right before we started our teacher mixed all companionships up and we taught with someone we knew, but had never taught with. I was  a little worried but our lesson went really, really good. The spirit was there and we were able to explain and teach clearly to the investigator. Pretty sweet and crazy because we never had taught together. It is kind of hard to catch a rhythm with somebody.

Thank you so much for the packages I am really excited to have a football and I loved the goodies and all. Next Monday I should be able to send you an email in the morning before I take off as well as use the laundry machine one last time. Rumor has it no washers or dryers and no more paying someone to do it for you. So most likely I will be hand washing my clothes for 22 months. :(

It is crazy some things I have heard about the Philippines but I know its going to be hard but I am so excited to go and start teaching and finding the people that are ready to hear the gospel. I love the MTC but I am so ready to get out of here. This week it has seemed really crowded and there a big lines for everything and way too many people in gym.

Just one more week though... I love you all and I love this work that i privileged to be a part of it.  I am so thankful for your support and prayers every day. I know this church is true and that God loves each one of us.

I hope you have a great week!

Mahal Kita!!!!
Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment