Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 32: Banaue Rice Terraces

Hey Family,

Well this has been an interesting crazy week. We actually just got back from Banuae Rice Terraces. We went on splits with Elders Farley (from Calif.) and Elder Shackleford (from NC) because no one else wanted to go. I have a ton of pictures but not much time to upload them now.
Ummm ... I don't know where to start as this week was kind of crazy. Banaue was really awesome, beautiful and had lots of cool trinkets for really cheap.

It was absolutely gorgeous and was just tons of mountains and really reminded me of home – kind of like Pine Valley – except for when we actually got to the rice terraces. It was really, really far away and it actually ended up being 3-4 hours each way. It was definitely cool and awesome, but I don't know if I would want to go again.
We stopped in Solano on the way back and tried to get my new shoes but they weren't finished yet. The lady had all kinds of excuses about how someone died and they had an accident or something with the shoes or something like that. It was kind of irritating, but hopefully tomorrow or next Monday I should be able to get them.
Maybe even more irritating has been Elder Lim this week. He has been really struggling with keeping missionary rules and even almost got sent home during the week because of it.
Then today we went on splits to go to Banaue. I went with the District Leader and Elder Shackleford. and we left our companions in Bambang. To make a long story short, Elder Lim got in some trouble while I was off with the other Elders. I'm not sure what's going to happen with him. Wish I knew more, but at this point I just don't know.

AJ's district at the "Mission Possible" activity.

There are some great things happening in Aritao. We should have a baptism on Saturday. Next Tuesday we will know who is transferred and where and then Thursday of next week we will actually do the transfers.
I am doing all right and have learned a lot patience and have gotten lots of language and personal study this week.
I'll just keep enduring and try to make something good happen this last week or so. I guess all I can say is that the Church is true, the gospel is a sure thing and if we follow it I know we will be happy. If we don't, we won't be happy. It's as simple as that, I guess.
Gotta run but I love you and pray for you everyday.
Love, Elder A.J. Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment